Want proof essential oils work? Then you will LOVE diving into the list of published, biomedical studies below.
Keep in mind, this is a just a small sampling of whats out there, so I encourage you to do your own research as well.
This information is for general aromatherapy educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- The results of this study confirmed aromatherapy with C. aurantium blossom (bitter orange) oil as a simple, noninvasive, and effective intervention to reduce anxiety during labor.
- Peppermint enhances memory and alertness, while Ylang Ylang lengthens processing speed and increases calmness.
- University of Pisa study finds essential oils of Oregano, Rosemary, and Thyme inhibit ringworm in animals.
- Lavender essential oil found to have antifungal properties against Canadida albicans and mycelial form.
- Cinnamon essential oil most effective anti-microbial properties (even in drug-resistant strains) of 13 oils studied.
- Lavender, Caraway, Ajwan, and Orange essential oils prove promising in inhibiting intestinal dysbiosis bacteria.
- Clove found the most effective essential oil at repelling mosquitoes (with patchouli, citronella, and maeken in second place).
- Frankincense oil studied for its potential benefit on human bladder cancer cells. May suppress cancer cell viability.