Apple-Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Cookies
Author: Dr. Jessica Payne
Super easy and delicious! Dairy-free, egg-free, gluten and processed sugar free cookies I experimented with this recipe for Veyda's birthday and it was a hit. In fact, when my in-laws ask for the recipe it is a serious compliment! Quantity makes 30: I like to make about 10 and then I make the dough into a shape of a cookie and freeze the rest so I have plenty on hand for a month or more. Veyda likes to eat the non-cooked frozen cookie from time to time as well. Since there is no egg and nothing else of concern I let her:) Feel free to cut half the ingredients to make a smaller portion.
- 2 cups of homemade-organic apple sauce (I blend in the vitamix about 4 organic gala apples)
- 4 drops of cinnamon bark (young living essential oil) in with the apples
- 3 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cups coconut oil (measured as solid and then placed in oven to liquify)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 TBS coconut flour
- 3 TBS ground flax meal
- 4½ cups almond flour
- 2 TBS shredded coconut flour
- 6 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend apples with cinnamon bark essential oil and then combine all wet ingredients (apple sauce, cinnamon bark oil, liquified coconut oil and vanilla extract).
- Once all dry ingredients are together then mix the wet ingredients well with the dry.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to settle and then remove from refrigerator and form the shape and size of cookie.